Autel MX808 and MK808 are both equipped with similar features, but a few slight differences make the Autel MK808 the best tool for you.
Find out why the MK808 scanner is the best
- Autel MK808 scanner equipped with more than 25 maintenance functions makes it ideal for professional mechanics or car owners. Besides, the MX808 is not available with these functions.
- It is smaller in size plus lighter than MX808. The MK808 measures 9.45 x 1.38 x 5.91 inches while it weighs 1.1 pounds. Besides, the MX808 dimension is 14.84 x 11.65 x 4.76 inches, and the weight is 5.91 pounds. So, when it comes to portability, this one is very reliable.
- Both share the same Cortex-A9 processor, but the MK808 is faster plus will give you an accurate result because this is the 2021 latest version.
- It works with 1996-newer car models for all available systems, but the other one does not work with all vehicle models.
- This device has anti-theft systems for Asian vehicles, while its competitor is not compatible with this feature.
These slight yet strong features of the MK808 scanner tool make it an ideal choice over MX808. If you are a car enthusiast, consider this diagnostic too.
Similar features of the Autel MX808 vs MK808
The MX808 and MK808 shares lots of similarities, in the following we’ve put some of them –
- Autel MK808 and MX808 combine with AutoVIN technology that gives detailed info about the vehicle.
- They have a 7-inch touch screen LCD plus the screen can adjust the brightness automatically.
- Both support multilingual languages, so you can select the language to your preference.
- The MX808 and MK808 have a 5000mAh rechargeable battery, and they last up to 4.5 hours continuously per charge.
- They combine with a one-year limited warranty, including one-year free software updating.
As you can see the common things of two of these scanners. If you think, compared to the best features of the MK808, the MX808 is a better choice, simply go with this one. Also, if you want to check their prices, click on the buttons below.
Autel MX808 vs MK808 – Quick Comparison Table
|Specification||Autel MX808||Autel MK808|
|Editor’s Rating||4.7 out of 5||4.8 out of 5|
|Battery Life||4.5 hours continuous use||4.5 hours continuous use|
|Processor||Cortex-A9 processor(1.5 GHz)||Cortex-A9 processor(1.5 GHz)|
|Dimension||14.84 x 11.65 x 4.76 inches||9.45 x 1.38 x 5.91 inches|
|Weight||5.91 pounds||1.1 pounds|
|Operating System||Android™ 4.4.4 KitKat||Android™ 4.4.4|
|Display||7-inch LCD||7-inch LCD|
|Vehicle Compatibility||European, Asian, American, and Australia||European, Asian, American, and Australia|
|Battery||3.7 V/5000 mAh lithium-polymer battery||3.7 V/5000 mAh lithium-polymer battery|
|Sensors||Ambient light sensor||Ambient light sensor|
Differences and Similarities in features of the Autel MX808 and MK808
Both have an intuitive user interface of a 7-inch touch screen LCD that makes the device effortless. Also, the display resolution is the same 1024×600.
The screens of these devices built with an ambient light sensor, plus they can automatically adjust the brightness.
They installed the fastest quad-core Cortex-A9 processor. It gives the maximum convenience of diagnosis.
Moreover, a 32GB memory gives the user maximum speed for quick operation.
You will get accurate results about your vehicle from the Autel MK808 rather than MX808. It can perform more than 25 service functions while the MX808 cannot.
The device can reset oil functions, has IMMO keys that disable the lost keys, plus add a new key for your vehicle.
Additionally, the MK808 scanner is designed for all types of troubleshooting systems.
However, both of them can retrieve the ECU information, read plus remove DTCs, view the live data, and so on.
Furthermore, these devices help enhance your vehicle’s performance, reduce emissions, plus save energy.
Autel MK808 can cover all types of vehicles from the 1996-newer, while the MX808 cannot. MK808 works perfectly on 80+ car models worldwide by using the supported protocols. But the MX808 does not work on all types of cars.
The MK808 gives a detailed report about the nature of your car’s problem, including how to fix the issue. Also, it will provide the budget for repairs which is very convenient.
In contrast, the MX808 does not provide the budget that’s why you should consider the MK808 since it helps reduce your stress.
Autel MX808 and MK808 include a Wifi connection function, so the device can be connected to the internet. The internet allows the user access to different automotive features.
The scanners also support USB 2.0, a 32GB micro SD card for better performance.
The MX808 also supports HDMI type-A, but this is not available on the MK808. If you want to connect the scanner with HDMI, you can choose the MX808.
Both include a 5000 mAh rechargeable lithium-polymer battery, so the user doesn’t need to purchase a battery separately.
The devices can last for 4.5 hours per charge, while the battery required a 5 VDC power supply for charging.
The Autel backed up with a one-year warranty after the sale. Also, they offer a 30-days of free replacement & return policy, and if you want to return it or replace it, the device should be fresh, just like when purchasing it.
Furthermore, you will get 24/7 support from Autel customer care.
Autel MX808 and MK808 include similar functions, as you can see. But the MK808 provides slightly better performance, so we strongly recommend select this. If you are serious about cars, you won’t regret your choice.
The MX808 also has proper maintenance plus scan capability, and this would be a nice choice too.
Frequently Asked Questions about Autel MX808 and MK808
Does the MK808 have special functions?
Yes, it is the newest version, comes with 25 special functions plus, it keeps the software updated every month. So, the functions keep improving, and the vehicle coverage will expand.
Do they provide free software updating?
Yes, both Autel MX808 and MK808 come with one-year free software updating.
What can I do with the MK808 and MX808?
You can read compression, oil pressure, fuel pressure, your vehicle’s live data, and so on with these scanner tools.
Can the MK808 reprogram the A/C system?
No, the MK808 OBD2 can’t reprogram your vehicle’s A/C system.
Is the MX808 able to read the SRS lights?
Yes, it can read and clear the SRS lights for up to 99% of cars in the market from 1996-newer.
You may also want to read: Autel Maxisys Elite vs Pro