Sony Alpha a6000 and Canon EOS M50 are two top-notch cameras that can deliver outstanding image quality. But we recommend you choose the Canon EOS M50.
Why Should You Choose the Canon EOS M50?
- The Canon EOS M50 camera comes with the 5-Axis Image Stabilization feature. So, you capture smooth and clear images without blurriness. But, this feature isn’t available in the other one.
- You can capture 370 frames with M50, plus this camera has a power-saving mode, enabling you to capture 425 frames. Besides, you can capture only 360 photos with Alpha a6000.
- This camera has a Vari-angle, touch screen LCD with 1.04 Million dots. Hence, this device allows you to capture images at any angle and preview captured images with full details. While the Alpha a6000’s tilting screen isn’t touched compatible, and it has only 0.921 Million dots.
- With this camera, you can capture 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) resolution videos with a cinematic look, whereas you can capture only Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution videos with Sony Alpha a6000.
- In the M50 camera, you will find an electronic viewfinder with 2.36 million dots, but Alpha a6000’s viewfinder has only 1.44 million dots. So, M50’s EVF provides you a better opportunity to see the object with full details before capturing the photo.
- Canon EOS M50 has Bluetooth and direct printing capability, thus you can transfer your files and print the images with PictBridge Printers. But, the Alpha a6000 doesn’t have Bluetooth, and you can’t print directly with it.
So, you can see that Canon EOS M50 has some unique and ultra-modern features which will provide you an amazing photographic experience. Otherwise, you can choose the Sony Alpha a6000, but we strongly recommend the Canon EOS M50 camera.
Similar Features of Sony Alpha a6000 and Canon EOS M50
- They support Wi-Fi. So you can remotely transfer your files and capture images.
- You can share your files faster as both cameras have a Micro USB port.
- With these cameras, you will get a one-year limited warranty to claim the free repair service.
Sony a6000 vs Canon M50: Quick Comparison Chart
|Specifications||Sony Alpha a6000||Canon EOS M50|
|Editor’s ratings||4.7 out of 5||4.9 out of 5|
|Image processor||BIONZ X||DIGIC 8|
|Image Stabilizations||Not Supported||Supported (5-Axis IS )|
|Video Shooting||Full HD||4K UHD, Full HD, and HD|
|Time-Lapse Video||Not Compatible||Compatible|
|Continuous Drive Speed||11 Frames Per Second||10 Frames per Second|
|Number of Pixels||24.3 Megapixels||24.1 Megapixels|
|Number of Still Images||Up to 360 Frames||Up to 370 frames|
|Weight||344 grams||387 grams|
|Dimension||120 x 66.9 x 45.1 mm||116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm|
|Focus Type||Built-in Flash||Built-in Flash|
|Monitor Size||3.0 inches TFT||3.0 Inches TFT|
|Warranty Period||One Year Limited||One Year Limited|
Similarities and differences of Sony Alpha a6000 and Canon EOS M50
Weight and Dimension
Including an SD card and battery, The Canon EOS M50 weighs 387 grams, and its dimension is 116.3 x 88.1 x 58.7mm. Besides, the Sony Alpha a6000 weighs 344 grams, plus its size is 120 x 66.9 x 45.1 mm. So the M50 is a little heavier here than the other one, but it has a fantastic hand grip for comfortable use.
Image Sensor, ISO Range, and Image Stabilization
Canon EOS M50 has 24.1 effective Megapixel APS-C image sensors, and a6000 has 24.3 Megapixels. Both cameras’ sensors are going to reduce the noise by increasing light collecting efficiency, plus the ISO range of these cameras is 100 to 51200. This ISO range will help you to capture high detailed images even if the light is low.
Afterward, Canon EOS M50 has on body image stabilization (5-Axis), and this feature will help you capture accurate and sharp images and videos. But, the Alpha a6000 doesn’t have this feature, but you can use extra lenses for image stabilization.
Image Processor, Video quality, and Continuous Drive speed
Sony Alpha a6000 has a BIONZ X image sensor which produces great details and reduces noise from the images. Besides, with this camera, you can record Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080) videos at 60 frames per second rate, plus its drive speed is 11 frames per second. But, again, Canon EOS M50 has a DIGIC8 sensor with an auto lighting optimizer. This powerful sensor engine helps improve autofocus.
It enables you to capture 4K UHD resolution videos at 24 frames per second. Moreover, its continuous driving speed is ten frames per second. Furthermore, the auto lighting optimizer ensures the combination of colors to capture life-like images and videos. So, you can see that M50’s image processor provides better performance than the a6000, and with this camera, you can record 4K resolution video, which is not possible with the other one (a6000).
Monitor and EVF
Both cameras have 3.0 inches TFT color screens. However, Alpha a6000’s LCD monitor comes with 0.921 million dots, whereas M50’s Monitor comes with 1.04 million dots. Besides, the a6000’s monitor is tilting, and it doesn’t have touch screen compatibility, but M50’s LCD is Vari-angle, and it has touch screen compatibility. So, the M50’s monitor is more valuable than the a6000’s monitor. Furthermore, you will get a 0.39 inches electronic viewfinder with these cameras, providing you a detailed view of the images.
Battery and Warranty Policy
Sony Alpha a6000 has an NP-FW50 battery (rechargeable) battery, which will provide you approximately 360 frames. But, Canon EOS M50 has an LP-E12 battery (rechargeable) battery, and you can capture up to 370 frames plus, this camera has a power-saving mode that enables you to capture 425 frames.
Besides, with an M50 camera, you can directly print your files using PictBridge Printers, but this feature isn’t available in a6000. Furthermore, both cameras have a limited warranty for one year. So, you can have the free service for your camera for one year from the date of purchase.
Canon EOS M50 and Sony Alpha a6000 are top-rated cameras. But between them, we strongly recommend the Canon EOS M50 camera as this camera has unique features and capabilities. Otherwise, you can choose Sony Alpha a6000, but you may have to compromise the unique features of the M50 camera.
Frequently Asked Questions about Canon EOS M50 and Sony Alpha a6000
|Can I directly print my files with Sony Alpha a6000? |
No, this camera doesn’t include this feature. But, you can print your files with Canon M50, but you will need a PictBridge Printer.
Can I make Time-lapse videos with the a6000?
No, this camera doesn’t support time-lapse videos, but with the M50 camera, you can record 4K time-lapse videos.
Between M50 and a6000, which one has image stabilization?
Between these two, M50 has an Image stabilization feature. But you can use lenses for stabilization with a6000.
How many Images can I capture with a canon M50 camera?
You can capture 370 images with this camera, and if you enable power-saving mode, you can capture approximately 425 images.
Follow the below links if you want to read more